Civil Engineer required to join a leading construction and project development company in Peterborough.
Candidates should be able to challenge both hydraulic modellers and the delivery team to realise efficiencies using their knowledge of construction techniques, design and enabling (environmental, land, customer interfaces). Ideally the candidate should have experience delivering water recycling infra projects. Have the ability to deliver to time and cost and reduce carbon in project solutions. This is a design/build role and candidates will be expected to go to site.
- Support the Civil Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice.
- Support the regular design and discipline meetings and participate in sharing cross-discipline information, supporting the Benefit by Design and Industrialised Construction Initiatives.
- Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications. Ensure the requirements of MAS are adhered to and offer challenge when applicable.
- Be responsible for maintaining your own quality and consistency of all civil engineering technical documents.
- Work with the relevant Senior Engineer/Peers and/or the Discipline Head to ensure that all technical deliverables are properly checked and approved.
- Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the Technical Manager before they become problems or exceed agreed timescales.
- Maintain close links with other Engineers and the Discipline Head to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps and share best practice. Liaise closely with Technical Managers within the programme area to provide technical guidance and explore opportunities for out-performance from technical innovation.
- To provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design.
Applicants MUST have:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil and/or Structural Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Experience in water and waste water treatment processes.
- Full understanding of civil engineering conceptual design and optioneering & civil details design.