To join a leading global design and consultancy firm employing 28,000 people and generating
more than 3 billion in revenue every year. Our client focus is on bringing together passionate,
talented people in high-performing teams to help clients navigate the increasingly complex
challenges in the built and natural world.
Their Water team is involved in some of the UKs most complex and stimulating projects that are
diverse and technically demanding. They have a strong reputation for the delivery of such
schemes and are working closely with the Environment Agency, Canal & River Trust, water
utility companies and construction partners, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the
UKs water services, waterways and flood defences.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related
tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations,
promoting and marketing all facets of the companys services during interfaces with clients and
other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the teams business plan
and building networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Setting the technical direction for modelling studies and flood risk projects.
- Produce and lead sewer model builds.
- Supporting and developing junior modelling staff.
- Technically supporting our Indian Global Excellence Centre colleagues.
- Resolving technical modelling issues on projects.
- Carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models.
- Preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates.
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies.
- Building relationships with clients on projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in appropriate analytical discipline (e.g. Civil Engineering, Environmental Science).
- Experience in 1D Network modelling using InfoWorks CS / ICM.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and data analysis.
- Broad practical experience of the UK water industry.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to manage commercial aspects of projects.
- Experience of team mentoring and development.
Our client offers a fantastic working environment where you will be encouraged to forge a
successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%.
- Life Assurance.
- Annual Leave.
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid.
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Birthday Vouchers.
- Long Term Service Awards.
- ConsultantPaul Dredge
- Consultant Emailpd@advance-trs.com
- Consultant Tel01483 361 061