A leading Main Contractor are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join them at their regional office in Birmingham working on a major rail infrastructure project.
You will be joining a busy sociable QS/Estimating team and the hours of work are 8.30am-5.30pm, MondayFriday
The key responsibilities for this role will include;
- Assist with the commercial management of the supply of materials for the project.
- Provide contractual & commercial support to Project Managers and Engineering.
- Responsible for the work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control.
- Monitor and actively manage and mitigate work package risks.
- Provides Input to internal and external commercial reports as required by the Commercial Delivery Strategy.
- Ensure processes and document control complies with the appropriate Company standards.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal stakeholders. e.g. finance, project management, engineering, sub-contractors, suppliers and the client.
- Responsible for maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements.
Candidates should have the following skills/experience;
- Minimum 3 years Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator experience gained from working within a contractor side project environment.
- Experience ideally gained in a rail environment.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and hold or working towards professional qualification (RICS, IACCM or similar).
- Strong track record in a contracting project environment.
- Ability to estimate change/variations using various methods.
- Able to forecast cost and measure cost of work complete.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good contractual knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to communicate at all levels.
Please contact Ed to arrange a confidential discussion about the position firstname.lastname@example.org